Gynaecological infection is a term that comprises various conditions affecting the vagina and genital tract caused by pathogens such as bacteria, fungi, or other microscopic parasites that cause disease. Some common types of gynaecological infection are as follows:
- Candida (yeast infection)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Bacterial vaginosis
Symptoms of Gynaecological infections
The symptoms may vary depending on the type of infection you have, the common symptoms of the disease include:
- Increase or abnormal discharge while urinating.
- Uncomfortable caused due to irritation or itching in the vagina.
- Causing pain while urinating
- Mild Vaginal bleeding
- Pain during intercourse
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
Causes of Gynaecological Infection
Some of the causes of Gynaecological infections are as follows:
- Use of vaginal sprays
- Use of perfumed toilet papers
- Allergy due to spermicide
- Intake of more steroids or antibiotics
- Use of IUD for birth control
Treatment for Gynaecological infections
Gynaecological infections are normally treated by the doctors by reviewing medical history along with current symptoms. As per the severity, the infection is treated through ointments and antibiotics, but that doesn’t mean these infections can be considered less harmful. These types of gynaecological infections are to be treated by a gynaecologist. If you seek to confer with a professional gynaecologist, you can consult with Mrs. Sarah Hussain, the leading female gynaecologist in London. Request a call for treatment.