Who doesn’t like to maintain good personal hygiene, but sometimes gynaecological issues pop up like an unwanted guest. Some common disorders include ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, endometriosis and many more. Gynaecological disorders affect the reproductive organs such as ovaries, fallopian tubes, external genitalia and breasts of a woman. Even it may affect body sexual functions too. Therefore it is vital to acknowledge the symptoms and act promptly to avoid the complications. Let us build your general awareness by considering some common gynaecological issues.
Most common Gynaecological disorders
- PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Woman with this condition may have prolonged or infrequent menstrual cycles. This may also have an increased amount of androgen in women, a male hormone in her body. At this condition, many follicles may appear on the ovaries, which may cause hindrance in releasing the egg.
- Causes: One of the most common causes of PCOS is excessive levels of Androgen in the body, genetic causes or because of excess insulin in the body.
- Symptoms: Woman with PCOS may experience abdominal obesity, acne, even become prone to diabetes, may experience menstrual abnormality or may face infertility issues.
- Treatment: Doing exercise and yoga to reduce weight will be helpful. Medicines will be prescribed based on the symptoms.
- Dysmenorrhoea or painful periods: Pain during the menstrual cycle is called dysmenorrhoea or painful periods. This condition is further divided into two categories primary and secondary dysmenorrhoea. The primary dysmenorrhoea is associated with no pelvic disorders, and secondary dysmenorrhoea is associated with underlying pelvic disorders.
- Causes: Prostaglandins is the major cause of primary dysmenorrhoea and fibroids, endometriosis or adenomyosis is the cause for secondary dysmenorrhoea.
- Symptoms: The primary symptom is women may feel intense abdominal cramping and pain, even there will pian in lower back too.
- Treatment: Based on the dysmenorrhoea the treatment will be given. The doctor will prescribe painkillers to relieve the pain.
- Fibroids: These are muscular tumours that form inside the woman’s uterus. These muscular tumours are rarely cancerous and vary in location, size and shape.
- Causes: When hormones or genetics play havoc may result in fibroids.
- Symptoms: Will have heavy periods and also have pressure in the lower abdomen, bleeding in between your cycles or pain during sexual intercourse.
- Treatment: The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and age of the patient. Most of the cases your doctor may recommend surgery.
- Endometriosis: When the uterine lining grows outside the uterus or on the other parts may cause this condition.
- Causes: A woman encounters this problem due to hormonal disturbances, genetic factors, menstrual flow issues or immune system problems.
- Symptoms: The symptoms include painful menstrual cramps, spotting between the menstrual cycle or digestive troubles.
- Treatment: Depending on the severity the doctor will recommend surgery or hormonal therapies, or painkiller medicines.
- Vaginitis: Women in her reproductive phase may experience this issue which is featured by inflammation in the vagina.
- Causes: Vaginitis causes due to sexual intercourse, infection, medication, taking antibiotic, hormonal changes or by using spermicidal creams.
- Symptoms: Woman with vaginitis will have pain during pee, itching vagina, irritation, Smell foul in vaginal discharge.
- Treatment: Your private gynaecologist may prescribe pills, gel or cream.
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease: In the upper genital tract organ generally this problem occurs which also include pelvic peritoneum, uterus, fallopian tubes, and other parts.
- Causes: In general this may occur when the women have multiple sexual partners.
- Symptoms: Symptoms such as Lower abdominal pain, fever, abnormal vaginal discharge, pain during sexual discharge, vaginal bleeding.
- Treatment: For this, there will be a course of antibiotic medicines.
A regular visit to your private gynaecologist will make sure that you have better health. Even you ensure that you maintain a healthy lifestyle by having a healthy diet, drinking sufficient water, exercising regularly and also by following safe sex.