Warts are normally hard growths that are painful and are caused by a viral or bacterial infection, which can occur in different parts of the body. There are different types of Warts and its healing takes from weeks to months based on adequate treatment.
Types of Common Warts
- Common Warts: These types of warts are common and found in different areas of body parts such as elbow, fingers, Knee, and hands.
- Mosaic warts: Warts found under the toes.
- Filiform Warts: These occur over face and looks similar to thread-like or finger-shaped.
- Flat warts: Mostly found on face, shoulders, arms, and knee.
- Plantar Warts: These warts are painful and are found on the soles of feet.
- Genital warts: These warts are common in the genital area and are sexually transmitted.
Symptoms of Warts
Warts are found weeks or months of post transmission. They are found to be small in size and are usually rough. The symptoms might not be the same in all cases, but the normal symptoms are:
Causes of Warts
The causes of warts are mentioned as follows:
- Having contact with someone’s skin who has HPV(Human papillomavirus)
- Exposure to infected surfaces such as places at the gym, common washrooms, etc
- Exchanging or sharing personal hygiene accessories such as Razors and towels.
- If you found a wart on a particular part of your body, there are chances that you might spread it to other areas of your body by touching it.
- Sharing of sex toys
Prevention of Warts
The following preventions can be adapted to stay away from the spread of warts:
- Wash your hands thoroughly, most of the time in a day.
- Disinfect the area of the skin which has slit or lesions.
- Try to use flip flops made of rubber while using common washrooms or at the gym.
Treatment for Warts
Mostly the treatment for the warts is suggested by a dermatologist as it is related to skin and the treatment is as follows:
- Laser treatment: This procedure includes treating the affected area by high precise intervention without considering the neighbor tissues.
- Cryotherapy: In this procedure, liquid nitrogen is used to freeze warts.
- Cantharidin: By applying this composite on the wart, it will extinguish and the doctor can remove it after a couple of days.
- Electrodesiccation: The treatment is given by heating an instrument , almost similar to a spoon and this electrically heated instrument is used on the affected area till the wart is removed
But the treatment for the genital warts is treated based on the number, size, and position of warts. If you are suffering the symptoms of warts in the genital area and are seeking to consult the professional gynaecologist, you can consult with Mrs. Sarah Hussain, the leading female gynaecologist in London. Request a call for treatment.