What is Sexual Dysfunction?
It is a complication that occurs during any phase of the sexual response cycle. It prevents from satisfactory sex experience. The sexual echo cycle comprises rage, plateau, orgasm, and resolution. Sexual dysfunction is a relatively common disorder which discharges or release of libido.
Causes of Sexual Dysfunction:
The chances of sexual dysfunction increases with age. Many psychological factors cause it, and stress is a common cause. And a few other reasons are:
- Sexual trauma.
- Heart diseases.
- Medical conditions.
- Usage of drugs.
- Alcohol addictions.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction:
- Desire disorders: A deficit of sexual desire or interest in sex is also known as libido disorder. It is caused because of low-level estrogen and testosterone.
- Orgasm disorders: Absence and delay of orgasm are most common in women and sometimes occur in men.
- Arousal disorders: Excited during sex but unable to get any physical satisfaction. The familiar arousal disorder in men is erectile dysfunction.
- Pain disorders: pain during intercourse for both males and females. Basically, in women, pain is caused by vaginal dryness, and in men, pain is mostly caused because of Peyronie’s disease.
Symptoms of Sexual Dysfunction:
Depending on the cause and type of dysfunction, symptoms manifest.
For both men and women:
- Inadequacy of sexual desire.
- A complication of being aroused.
- Pain while intercourse.
- Frailty to accomplish or to sustain a full erection.
- Delayed ejaculation.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Lack of orgasm.
- Dry vagina.
Prevention for Sexual Dysfunction both in women and men:
Some types of sexual dysfunction cannot be prevented. But adopting some habits may reduce the risk factors:
- Stop smoking.
- Aerobic exercise.
- Healthy diet.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Avoid illegal drugs intake.
- Take proper medication if you are suffering from chronic diseases.
Diagnosis of sexual dysfunction: It differs from the type of sexual dysfunction. Persistently lab tests play a defined aspect in diagnosing sexual dysfunction. This actually begins with symptoms.
Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction:
- when aid is the reason for dysfunction, a change in the therapy may support it. Hormone shots, pills, and creams are useful for hormone deficiency in men and women. Drugs that contain sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, and avanafil will broaden men’s sexual concern by accumulating blood flow to the penis.
- The two medications which are endorsed by the FDA in premenopausal women to treat lack of desire, inclusive of flibanserin and bremelanotide.
- For erectile dysfunction, vacuum devices and penile implants can be used for men.
- For a narrow vagina in women, dilators can be used.
- Vibrators can also help in improving sexual enjoyment.
- Self-stimulation for arousal and orgasm disorders.
- For vaginismus, consider abiding sex therapy.
Consult with a professional gynaecologist if you ever have questions about Sexual Dysfunction. You can visit the leading female gynecologist in London, Dr. Sarah Hussain. Ask for a counseling appeal.