It occurs when a woman hasn’t menstruated in 12 progressive months, and no longer can a woman get pregnant naturally. In other words, menopause is a phase where there is a lack of menstruation for 12 months(1 year). It usually impels a midst of 45 to 55 years. It may also develop before or after this age range. Menopause condition may cause troublesome symptoms like hot flashes and may also gain weight. For many women, medications may not be required for menopause. In many women, menopause symptoms may develop four years before the last period.
Common Symptoms of Menopause may include:
- Dryness in the vagina.
- Gain weight.
- Low libido.
- Concentration difficulty.
- Memory problems.
- Dry skin.
- Tender breast.
- Increased urination.
- Paining joint.
- Hair loss.
- Unwanted hair increases in a few areas like the face, neck, chest, and upper back.
- Lack of periods.
- Lighter or heavier periods.
- Hot flashes.
- Night sweats.
Complications may include:
- Pain during intercourse.
- Vulvovaginal atrophy.
- Mood swings.
- Emotional changes.
- Urinary incontinence.
- Blood vessel diseases.
Natural ways to manage Menopause:
- The hormonal changes during menopause may weaken bones, which may increase the risk of osteoporosis. Vitamin D and calcium are good for bone health. It would be suggested to intake sufficient nutrients in your diet. Intake food items rich in calcium, such as dairy products( milk, yogurt, cheese) and green leafy vegetables.
- Weight gain is very common. It may be due to hormonal changes, aging, genetics, and lifestyle changes. Gaining excessive fat, particularly around the waist, may increase the risk of developing diseases like heart disease and diabetes. Maintain a proper diet.
- Including fruits and vegetables in the diet may prevent many menopause symptoms. Fruits and veggies help with weight loss. They help in preventing various diseases. Heart disease risks will increase after menopause. There are some possible factors like weight gain, age, reduced estrogen level.
- Few types of research found that women who do yoga will sleep better and have less insomnia than women who don’t practice yoga.
- Women who do Workouts, going to the gym, and exercises will have fewer hot flushes. Staying healthy will alleviate menopause symptoms and help in prevention.
- Avoid intaking certain common triggers such as sugar and spicy food, caffeine, alcohol, etc. Some foods will trigger night sweats, mood swings, and hot flashes.
- Due to decreased estrogen levels, women may experience dryness. Drinking more water will help with these symptoms. Bloating caused by hormonal changes can also be reduced.
- Replacing complex carbohydrates like bread, rice, brown grains, wholemeal pasta will help balance sugar levels.
- Intaking some food items rich in phytoestrogens like soybeans, tofu, soy products, flax seeds, Linseeds, and beans will have modest advantages for hot flashes and heart disease risks.
- An irregular diet may worsen menopause symptoms. In postmenopausal women Skipping meals will hinder weight loss. Never skip meals.
If you find any issues or irregularity with your periods and seek to consult with a professional gynaecologist, you can consult with Dr. Sarah Hussain, the leading female gynaecologist in London. Request a call for treatment.